Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week One




I really am going to do my best NOT to write a post for every week of my kitten's life...after all I'm still a good 4 days behind on finishing my Trans Rockies Recap...but week one has been special. The truth is they grow so fast and you forget things quickly.

Sleepy Kitten 


I am also doing my best to NOT post all 400 of the pictures I've taken of him this week on Facebook...You Are Welcome!!

I purchased this cat dish when I was 17 yrs. old. I was at Six Flags in Houston, Tx. when
I saw this dish on sale and had to buy it as I knew one day I would have a kitten. I used it
for Sir Elton when he was a kitten and now it has been passed down to Baby Bernie.
#sylvester&tweetie

I'm so pleased with how well he has settled in to his new home life. He has grown so much this week. I see less and less baby and more and more cat in him everyday!

For example:

1  .He has found every NON-toy in the house and completely ignored all his cat approved toys
2.  He completely ignores me when I ask him to get down from the coffee table (a cat free zone in my house)
3.  He completely ignores me when I ask him to NOT destroy our $3 Ikea Lamp (apparently Rice Paper is nice on the claws!)
4. When I move him from the coffee table to the couch, he no longer wants to lay there because it was not his idea!
5.  Anything laying within his reach is suddenly HIS.
6.  Did I mention he completely ignores me?

Bernie does have a mind of his own and has found some of his favorite things.

He loves this red comb? No idea why? But we must play with it multiple times a day!



He loves laying ON TOP of his cat carrier...although I doubt I can easily coax him inside next time he needs to travel somewhere in it...


He is obsessed with the refrigerator. The minute I open the door....he can be in a completely different room...he comes running to jump into the fridge.


He found the cursor on the computer :) (another non cat toy!).



He has a sweet tooth like his mommy. Don't dare leave a cup of hot cocoa on the coffee table (see why he's not allowed!)...it's fair game. He actually is pretty obsessed with drinking out of any cup, glass, or mug :(


His absolute favorite place to play is in the storage/extra closet/pantry area. He goes in there and finds places to hide and purrs and purrs and purrs. It's so sweet that I indulge in his little obsession.

Because he is so little and can fit into so many places he has found every spec of dirt and dust bunny in my house. I thought I was a clean person, but he has me rethinking that idea!

Unfortunately it's been raining like crazy here in Denver (in case someone was living under a rock and didn't hear the news!) and so Bernie hasn't had much opportunity to go outside and explore his little area. Hopefully next week I will get him outside more.



Bernie is stalking a fly in our crazy/messy front yard
Honing in on his hunting skills 
XOXO,

Moderngypsygirl. & her miniature cat 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Blender