Friday, November 11, 2011

Maria Pontillo...Fitness Magazine's Face of Fitness Finalist


In 2006 I decided to hire a personal trainer. I was having a challenge staying motivated and getting all my workouts in due to my extensive traveling.  I literally hired and fired 4 trainers until I came across Maria Pontillo in a spinning class she was teaching.  I knew Maria was different right away. She has this natural energy for exercise and a special passion for teaching and pushing you to your limits and then beyond! You can tell she LOVES teaching fitness. 

I have never been a dancer and Hip Hop was WAY out of my league of skills. However, I decided to start taking Maria’s HH class and I found it a blast. I mostly was off beat and totally doing the wrong moves, but it didn’t matter I was having so much FUN and getting a great workout. The great thing about Maria is that she encourages you and makes you feel right at home even if you are going left when everyone else is going right!

Having said all of this I can’t be MORE thrilled for her.  She was among 5 finalist for Fitness Magazine’s Face of Fitness Contest. I’ve uploaded this video to show you her absolutely charming personality! She even has the interviewer doing squats! Classic!  If you are in the Fort Lauderdale area, be sure to stop by one of her classes. I promise you won’t be disappointed. She is also a great trainer and has a PHD in physical therapy so she knows a thing or two about injuries!


Congrats again Maria. I know that this Face of Fitness is just one of many great things to come!




                                                                XOXO,
Moderngypsygirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Blender