Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Stage O...Trans Rockies Run

First, I must say that I have the best Bosses ever!! I mean how many people can say to their boss on a Thursday afternoon..."Oh, by the way, I know I just took a week off work for my last race (less than 2 weeks ago), but I'm going to need to take another week off starting.....uhm, Monday ;)". I have a zillion other reasons my bosses are great, but that is for another post...and I really don't want to brag too much because I'm afraid if I do there will be a line of people with resume's outside my office who can perform my job better than me!

While I was at work, a great box from Nathan Arrived!! Check out our awesome packs! I feel so lucky and blessed!

Nathan Hooked us UP!! 

So, I'm guessing this is how the "other half" lives :) #feelingspecial 
So after a quick meeting on Monday, Carlos and I packed up the car and head to Buena Vista where the start of the Trans Rockies Run will begin.

We had NO idea where we would be staying that night (because all the accommodation in Buen-ie (as it's called by locals) is taken)!

When we arrived in Buen-ie we did a quick check in (and probably scared some locals with our Buffs!)

This is our "baKlava" YUM! also know as Balaclava

A normal one for Nathan ;) 
 Lucky for us James said that some friends of his had rented a house and they had some extra space! The house was BEAUTIFUL and happened to be right at the start of the race! It was a lucky coincidence. Thank you Ken and Carrie for letting us crash your awesome pad!!

Our beautiful Accommodation

Cute little street where the race started. 

Our Race Strategy
When we arrived the "boys" James Bonnett and teammate Brian Tinder, and Rob Krar were all out going for a run. I'm guessing this may be a reason why they are such amazing runners. I however, chose to wait and run my warm up and cool down as a part of the 24 mile run we will be embarking upon on Stage 1!

We did our first nightly briefing (which I should always pay closer attention to!)


Afterwards we headed back to the house, had dinner, packed out duffle bags for the week, and then I took a bath! I Love Love Love taking baths, so, it's kind of like the "last supper" for me, as I don't know when I will have another opportunity...

Stay tuned for Stage 1!

  XOXO,
Moderngypsygirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Blender